Central heating systems can be quite temperamental and in such situations, you’ll need a good central heating repairs Liverpool company to assist you. There are many things that can go wrong with central heating systems and when these things happen, diagnosing the problem isn’t always easy. Central heating systems run throughout an entire home. How can you tell whether or not a radiator isn’t working because of a localised problem or because of a system-wide problem that is only starting to become apparent? Even for the experts, taking care of such problems requires a great deal of experience and skill.
For starters, there are different types of central heating systems used. In the UK, most homes use the boiler type system but the furnace type central heating systems can still be found in some commercial buildings. Addressing problems with either system requires vastly different skills and tools. If you call a company that doesn’t have experience with the type of system in your home, they may as well be playing a guessing game. At Eco Efficient, our experts have undergone a great deal of training and are quite capable of troubleshooting various types of central heating systems.
One of the main challenges is knowing whether or not your central heating system needs repairs or whether something is just part of its normal operations. If you have a radiator that isn’t as hot in some parts as others, the problem may be one you can handle on your own such as bleeding air that is trapped inside. The problem could also be more complicated such as a build-up of sludge, rust or scale. Such problems will require that you thoroughly clean your radiator. Some of the signs you can look for to know whether there’s a problem with your central heating system include:
- Cold patches at the top, middle or bottom of the radiator. The location of the cold patch indicates a particular issue.
- Malfunctioning controls: The controls of your boiler may fail to work due to an electronic or programming issue. It may also be because of a damaged thermostat or damaged radiator valves.
- No hot water: If your hot water and central heating system share a boiler, lack of hot water could mean a problem with the whole system
- Radiators not heating up to the required temperature
- Strange noises from the boiler, pipes or radiator
- Cold radiators in some parts of the house but not others etc.
When you notice any of the above signs, you should take this as an indicator that you need central heating repairs Liverpool services. While there are tasks you can take care of on your own, in some cases you should take the safe route and get in touch with an expert from Eco Efficient. We can also advice you on solutions when you call us.